First, thank you for doing this! We need a solid metanalysis tool for python and this seems to be on the right track!
I am trying to learn this packages. I ran your example code with the sub-groups. I noticed three issues:
1) the program is not taking into account the sub-group heading;
2) the program is ignoring the nototals command.
3) program takes out the space in the study names (it shouldnt)
1) Is there a way to change the text below the axis (favors control vs experiment)?
2) Is there were to prevent&nReplyAgree(0), Disagree(0)